Get Involved with WNBA
The WNBA is an all-volunteer-run organization. Every program, every event, every email are the labor of love by our members. We are always happy to help members find WNBA volunteer opportunities that they enjoy and that are a good fit for them.
If you’d like regular updates, make sure to sign up for our Events & Opportunities emails.
Reasons to Volunteer
Every person has their own reasons for volunteering with WNBA, but here are some popular reasons:
- You can use your skills to help a 100-year-old literary nonprofit
- You can learn new skills and have people who will support your development
- Use projects you accomplish through volunteer service on your résumé or to build a portfolio
- Working with others helps you develop soft skills such as communication skills, problem solving skills, and leadership skills
- By helping with events or programs, you get to meet fellow members within your chapter and within the WNBA as a whole organization as well as the literary professionals we work with
- You have a chance to make a difference
WNBA Volunteer Opportunities for National Committees
We have a variety of committees, and opportunities appear throughout the year. Note: these committees are open to all WNBA members, regardless of chapter affiliation. Find chapter opportunities by contacting your chapter.
Current openings are listed below.
Communications & Events Committee
To learn more about the below WNBA volunteer opportunities, WNBA Members in good standing (have renewed/joined since June 1) should email committee chair Julie Frey at communications [at] wnba-books.org.
Please write a brief paragraph about your skills and interests.
- Bookwoman Book Club
- looking for an assistant to help with newsletters, website, and social media support focused on our book club
- looking for a committee member or two to help coordinate communications-related tasks dealing with special programs and committees as well as internal communications initiatives
- looking for several committee members who would like to plan, coordinate, and/or host events
- looking for help creating flyers and handouts as well as help with graphics
- Also, help for the following subcommittees
- looking for writers and editors for the newsletters and blog
- Social Media
- looking for help creating content, posting content, and engaging with people on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- looking for help adding and revising content on the website
- looking for help creating outreach lists and then performing outreach
Check back soon for more WNBA volunteer opportunities.