Submissions Are Now Open for the WNBA Authentic Voices Program
How does this sound?
A program that teaches you what you need to know to get your work published.
A program that will help those who haven’t had the resources or opportunity to explore their writing.
A program taught by publishing and writing industry professionals.
A program that you don’t have to pay for.
All of this sounds amazing, right?
We are excited to announce that our new WNBA Authentic Voices program is now open for submission!
The program is a collaboration with Women of Color Writers Podcast.
WNBA Authentic Voices Program Overview
With a goal to create equity in the publishing world, the WNBA Authentic Voices program supports voices that have been overlooked or stifled in the publishing world.
We will select seven applicants to mentor through a four-month process of writing, editing, marketing, querying, and publishing.
It is free for those who are selected, and we are also providing a stipend and publishing the writers’ work.
All may submit, but priority is given to writers who are part of marginalized communities in the publishing world.
You do not need to be a WNBA member to apply.
Submissions are open now until December 15, 2020.
The program will begin in February 2021 and last four months.
Participants will receive a stipend and be published in an anthology once the program has been completed.
To apply for the WNBA Authentic Voices program, please provide the following:
- Bio (500 words or less)
- It should describe you, your background, what community (city, town, etc.) you are from, and why you are interested in the program.
- Writing Sample
- It doesn’t have to be perfect! We want to get a feel for your voice.
- The sample can be something that you want to work on while participating in the program.
- Please make sure the submission is no longer than 2,500 words.
- Entry form
- The Google form link is located below or here
If you have any questions, please contact Natalie at email@example.com.